The Chartered Association of Business Schools’ Academic Journal Guide 2018 has been released today. The Guide is based upon expert judgements following the evaluation of academic publications. It is one of the indicators of relative quality of academic journals, particularly used in the UK and some EU countries. Journals are ranked from 1 to 4 stars from the least influential to the most influential in the field.
What is new in 2018 guide in comparison to 2015?
Not much. There are no promotions from 1 to 2, from 2 to 3, or to 4 star for Accounting, Economics and Finance. No journals have been downgraded either.
A few new journals have been added and ranked as 2* in
• Accounting, Economics and Law – A Convivium;
• China Journal of Accounting Research;
• International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting;
• Journal of Management Control;
• Journal of Tax Administration;
• Annals of Applied Statistics;
• International Review of Environmental Economics;
• Journal of Business Economics;
• Applied Mathematical Finance;
• Emerging Markets Finance and Trade;
• Journal of Behavioral Finance;
International Business and Area studies:
• Global Networks;
• Journal of Business Economics and Management;
In International Business and Area studies two journals have been promoted from 1* to 2**:
• Cross Cultural & Strategic Management;
• Review of African Political Economy;
Please register at CABS for full guide: